Thursday, May 24, 2012

Playing the Victim

The idea that Liberals are perpetual victims crops up all the time in conservative talking points. It's a means of derailing conversation without appealing to substance, and demeaning/undermining legitimate historical/institutional injustices to a sneaky/dishonest tactic (see image at left).

So I find myself coming back to this clip from Jon Stewart over and over, because really, he nails it. Worth your time. You can also find it at this link (July 2011, "GOP - Special Victims Unit)



No comments:

Post a Comment

First names requested for commenters! Choose the "Name/URL" comment type on the menu (URL not required).

Comments are moderated and will not immediately appear. I may not approve comments that are negative in tone, nasty or unproductive, the final arbitration of which is dependent on me alone. : )

Anonymous pissy comments will not be approved, so don't bother. If you want to fight with me, do it on twitter. thanks!