Sunday, January 29, 2012

Town Meeting


UPDATE 4/7/12: My recommendations for April 2012 town elections!

UPDATE!: Take a look at all the candidates for Town Meeting--as well as other public offices!

You should run!  The deadline to turn in your petition (with 10 signatures from your precinct) is FEBRUARY 22.  So go to the Town Clerk and pick up your papers to run now! 

UPDATE: Are you running? I invite friends from the "Yes we can" community to send me their candidate information, so I can help advocate for your election!: http://hmny.me/tmm_ywc

Town Meeting is the “legislative branch” of our local government, and this year, EVERY town meeting seat is up for re-election. It is a perfect opportunity for “new blood” to run!

I know you all to be persons of conviction and commitment, and I would be honored to help get the word out for the candidacies of any ‘YWC” (or other progressive Needham) volunteer/activist. 24 Town Meeting members will be voted in for each precinct. Darn good odds! So get your nomination papers from Town Hall/Town Clerk!

I have put the deadlines on the public cal : http://hmny.me/ywccal. The last day to file your nomination papers (Pick them up at Town Hall!) is February 22. All you need is 10 signatures (get 15 to be safe!) of Needham residents in your Precinct! More info here!

It's not a huge lift to campaign. (And remember, the top 24 vote-getters in each precinct will become town meeting members). But you CAN do a Leslie Knope if you want to. That could be fun too!

Here's a useful informational video from the Needham League of Women Voters, orienting you to Town Meeting and how to run.




No comments:

Post a Comment

First names requested for commenters! Choose the "Name/URL" comment type on the menu (URL not required).

Comments are moderated and will not immediately appear. I may not approve comments that are negative in tone, nasty or unproductive, the final arbitration of which is dependent on me alone. : )

Anonymous pissy comments will not be approved, so don't bother. If you want to fight with me, do it on twitter. thanks!